SUNDAY WORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES:
- SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP - 10:00am – All are Welcome! Join us in Fellowship Hall following the service for coffee, treats, and friendly conversation.
- NURSERY CARE (0-5yrs) - Sundays 9:00am- 11:30am Children of all ages are welcome during worship, but a staffed nursery is available for any parent/guardians who would like to have childcare for little ones while participating in Sunday Worship or Educational opportunities
SUNDAY EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMMING
9:00am - Robin’s Nest Preschool (3-5yrs)
9:00am - Rotation Workshop (K-5th grade)
9:00am - YOUTH - Middle School (6-8th grade)
9:00am - YOUTH - High School (9-12th grade) - this group is encouraged to meet with the Adult Class
9:00am - Adult Faith Formation Classes
SATURDAY WORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES:
- BAREFOOT CHURCH – Saturdays at 5:00pm – Experience worship, community and discussion around how to live faithfully in ordinary life. Contact John Stedman for more info.
WEEKDAY FAITH FORMATION OPPORTUNITIES:
- Monday Feast Scripture Exploration - Mondays at 10:00 am in the Fireside Room - Dig into the scripture following the Narrative lectionary. Contact Dan Mundt or Sara Gannon for more info.
- Spiritual Nurture Women’s Group - Tuesday mornings at 10:00am in the Fireside Room - We seek to be companions on the spiritual journey and provide a safe place for women to share life's challenges and joys, support each other and pray for one another. We seek to deepen our spirituality, align with Christ as our Center and grow in our relationships with each other by exploring scripture, writings, teachings and experiencing spiritual practices. We love to have new women join us! During Lent we will be reading and discussing a book called "Seven" by Jen Hatmaker. For more information, please contact Sara Gannon.
- Centering Worship—Each Wednesday at 6:15pm - we gather for 15-20 minutes of worship using songs and prayers from WEAVING PEACE. Everyone is welcome! This is for ALL AGES
- NURSERY CARE (0-5yrs) - Wednesdays 6:00pm- 8:00pm - staffed nursery is available for any parent/guardians who would like to have childcare for little ones while participating in Wednesday Evening activities and programming
REGISTRATION IS OPEN for the Week of Wonders Nature Workshop!
We are excited to announce plans this summer to begin The Nature Project at First Presbyterian Church! The Nature Project is about connecting — to God, to the earth, and with others.
There will be cook-outs, bonfires, building bird houses, clearing trails, exploring for wildlife and much more! We hope you can join us!
It is about spiritual nurture through nature. Individuals, families and kids are invited to join us for NATURE WORKSHOP WEEK – evenings June 5th-9th
For more information, speak with Becky Wurzer or Sara Gannon
2016 Scholarship Application Announcement
Scholarships are available from the First Presbyterian Church of Eau Claire, thanks to the generosity of Gladys and Gordon Keith and others. The Scholarship Committee in liaison with the Celebration Fund Committee administers this fund.
Who is eligible? Any member of First Presbyterian Church who is enrolled or will be enrolled at an accredited college, university, or technical college course of study during the coming academic session is eligible to apply.
Dowload a PDF copy of the Scholarship Application HERE or contact the church office for application information.
Send completed applications to: First Presbyterian Church, Scholarship Committee, 2112 Rudolph Road, Eau Claire, WI 54701-4750
Applications must be received by June 15, 2016.
For further information, please contact Karen Hull, chairperson of the Scholarship Committee at
or the church office at
Synod School - July 24-29th in Storm Lake, Iowa
What is Synod School?
- Daily morning and evening worship for all ages with spirited music and singing
- Daily convocation focusing on the theme of the School
- Morning and afternoon programs for children of all age
- Special convocation, program, and classes for youth
- Opportunity for adults to participate in from 1 to 4 classes on a wide range of topics
- Bookstore and Global Gift Shop
- Live music nightly at the Coffeehouse
- Plus Art Share, lots of fun, fellowship, evening mini-courses, movies, and as much relaxation as you want!
Download the 2016 Synod School Registration Form by CLICKING HERE
Serving 5:30 - 6:15pm / Suggested Donation: $5 Adults / Under 12 eat FREE!
Be sure to stick around after the meal and join in one of the following opportunities:
- Centering Worship 6:15pm – Faith Formation Room (across from kitchen)
- Choir 6:30 - 8:00pm – Balcony
- Youth Group (Grades 6-12) 6:30pm – 8:00pm – Youth Center
May 4 - - Walking Tacos, Watermelon
May 11 - - Cranberry Glazed Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Green Peas, Ice Cream, Cookies
May 18 - - Potluck Supper
**Please sign up to help out with meal preparation and/or cleanup!
Barefoot Church Saturday Evenings
Barefoot Church meets each Saturday evening at 5:00pm.
Experience worship, community and discussion around how to live faithfully in ordinary life. Every Barefoot Church gathering is open to ALL, including our neighbors and the entire congregation - we hope to see you there!
15th Annual Blessing of the Animals Service
You are encouraged to bring your family pets and work animals to this special outdoor service as we worship God and celebrate the blessing and companionship of all God’s creatures.
Please bring a lawn chair or blanket, as this service is held outdoors on the church lawn. In case of rain or poor weather conditions, the service will be held in Fellowship Hall of the church and all animals will be welcomed to come inside.
An overall blessing of all animals present will be included as part of the worship service, and individual blessings will be offered following the service.
Animals of ALL SIZES are welcome! Pets must be on leash (dogs), in carriers/cages (cats, birds, small mammals), in fish bowls/terrariums (fish, reptiles), or trailers (horses, etc.).
**For safety reasons, we ask that you DO NOT USE RETRACTABLE LEASHES at this event**
Water buckets will be available for animals to enjoy throughout the morning.
Not sure what to expect? Check out these images from previous Blessing of the Animal Services at First Presbyterian Church.
Please contact the church office at 715-832-1011 with any questions
Summer Camp is Just Around the Corner!
Register your child/children for a fantastic camp experience where they will create wonderful memories that last a lifetime while growing in their faith!
Be sure to keep an eye out for some of our own First Presbyterian Church campers in this video.
Visit the Presbyterian Clearwater Forest website (www.clearwaterforest.org) for more information or to register online.
Note - if you are having trouble viewing the video, please use the following link: CLEARWATER FOREST 2016 VIDEO
TEAM MEETINGS (All meetings are open to anyone with an interest in serving or gathering more information. Please contact any Session Elder for information on the these teams and their responsibilities)
- CARING FOR US TEAM - Mon, May 2nd at 5:30 pm
- BEING GOOD STEWARDS TEAM - Wed, May 4th at 4:30pm
- BEING GOOD NEIGHBORS TEAM – Mon, May 16th at 6:00pm
- COMMUNICATIONS WORK GROUP – Tues, May 3rd at 1:00pm
- FAITH FORMATION TEAM - Mon, May 23rd at 6:00pm
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES/EVENTS:
- Deacons - Mon, May 9th at 5:30pm
- Session - Tues, May 16th at 7:00pm
- PW Coordinating Meeting - Tues, May 10th at 11:00am
- June 5th-9th -- The Nature Project Week for all ages
June 11th-17th -- Youth Group Mission Trip to Kansas City, KS
June 12th - Blessing of the Animals Service
- June 15th - FPC Scholarship Applications Due
- June 15th - Deadline for submitting Bellwether articles
- July 9th -10th -- Congregational Camp at Wissota State Park
- June 15th - 18th -- Synod Gathering of Presbyterian Women in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- July 24th - 29th -- Synod School 2016 in Storm Lake, Iowa
Donation Brings Clean Water to Malawi Village
Life-giving water flows for the village of Ng’ombe Malawi thanks to a recent donation from Presbyterian Women of Eau Claire to the Marion Medical Mission!
Safe drinking water means life, not death, for many in a place where one in five children die before their fifth birthday from water-borne or sanitation related diseases.
The Shallow Well Program not only provides safe drinking water, but also the necessary knowledge, skills and tools to manage and maintain the protected water source, so that the supply of water continues in future years. Where shallow wells have been built, water-borne diseases are eliminated.
Copyright © 2016 First Presbyterian Church - Eau Claire, WI. All Rights Reserved.